We are glad to invite you to the 7th MEETING OF THE LEAGUE OF RESEARCHERS ON SPIRITISM (7th LRS Meeting or ENLIHPE in Portuguese), São Paulo, Brazil, August 20-21, 2011. The event will be hosted by the CCDPE – Centro de Cultura, Documentação e Pesquisa do Espiritismo, an emerging center for studies in Spiritism in Brazil.
The goal of the seminar is to bring together Brazilian and international scholars working on current issues in Spiritism. Thereby we will learn about different worldwide spiritist research and create a setting where work in progress can be improved and discussed in-depth. Especially the attendance and moderating function of members of League of Researchers on Spiritism offers an excellent possibility to receive meaningful feedback for submitted work. Therefore, we encourage submission of analytical, empirical and experimental research.
Proposal submission deadline: 15th June 2011.
To promote the exchange of ideas on Spiritist theories and practices and to motivate the publication and debate of academic works that interface with Spiritism themes.
Submission of works
Works can encompass a wide range of topics in the interface between Spiritist themes and the following knowledge areas:
Exact Sciences (e. g. , astronomy, physics, chemistry etc)
Biology (e. g., phisiology, botany etc)
Health areas (medicine, veterinary etc)
Applied Social Sciences (economy, management etc)
Human Sciences (philosophy, sociology, psychology, education etc)
Linguistics and arts (music etc)
Instruction for the authors
Submission period: March 15th 2011 to June 15th 2001
Works should be submitted either as poster presentation or papers/manuscripts.
Instructions for paper submission
- Papers should be intelligible to as wide an audience as possible.
- Only unpublished papers in Portuguese or English are accepted.
- Manuscripts will be peer reviewed by members of the meeting scientific comitte.
- All manuscripts should be sent to the following address: email@example.com
- Each author should submit no more than three (3) manuscripts.
- Each manuscript should not have more than four (4) authors.
- Each manuscript should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of two (2) separated files: FILE 1 containing author's NAMES, manuscript TITLE and ABSTRACT; FILE 2 containing manuscript TITLE and FULL TEXT with no authorship identification.
- Manuscripts should not have more than twelve (12) pages;
- Abstract: minimum of 1150 characters (~10 lines) and maximum of 1750 characters (~ 15 lines).
- Text editor: MSWord 6.0 or later.
- Page format: upper margin: 3cm; lower margin: 2cm; left: 3cm; right: 2 cm.
- Fonts: Times New Roman 12;
- Paper size: A4 (width: 21cm, height: 29.7cm);
- Paragraph spacing: simple; 0pt before; 6pt after;
- Figures, tables and plot fonts: Times New Roman 8 or 12;
General instructions for manuscript editing and formatting (sections, references etc) follow closely ABNT rules (Brazilian association of technical norms).
Instructions for poster submission
- Each poster should have no more than four (4) authors;
- Each author should submit no more than three (3) posters;
- Each poster should be sent to email@example.com in the form of two separated files: FILE 1 - containing author's NAMES, poster TITLE and ABSTRACT; FILE 2 containing the TITLE and the poster FULL TEXT with no authorship identification.
- Poster should be formatted according to the following sections (FILE 2): Title, abstract, introduction, objectives, methods, data analysis, conclusion and references.
- Poster size (maximum): 100 cm X 90 cm;
- Poster sample available at htt://www.ccdpe.org.br
Senders will receive by email a confirmation of manuscript/poster submission. Editors of the 7th LRS Meeting reserve the right to return manuscripts or posters that are not in accordance with the above instructions. The approaval and publication of final works will be submitted to author´s copyright transfer agreement.
For more information, please, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.